Thursday 7 March 2019

The Shape of Things to Come or A Beginning

This blog has been a long time coming. It came from a discussion between a friend and who does a podcast with some other friends reviewing Science Fiction movies adapted from Science Fiction books. I mentioned the new TV series based on the book by Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale. While my friend said that he wasn't sure when they would cover it, like all good friends he said why don't I do something with it? Not one to back down from a challenge, I pondered the idea and I remembered the shows I watched in my childhood. Chocky, The Tripods, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Halfway Across the Galaxy and Turn Left. While not all the titles may not be familiar as the names of John Wyndham, John Christopher, Douglas Adams, and Robin Klein. But it is my hope that on this journey we'll find some great books and some great tv.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to it! And the offer still stands if you want to spin off TMTYR Down Under.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit late to the party, but it's good to see this blog.

    ReplyDelete